High School at Victory
For more than 40 years, Victory Christian Academy’s fully accredited high school (formerly Lutheran High School of San Diego) has placed its graduates in premier colleges and universities across the country and abroad. The school’s mission is to challenge and enable young people to grow in both spiritual and academic wisdom.
Academically, Victory students score well above state and national averages on standardized tests. In 2016, SAT scores were 16% higher than the state average and 17% above the national average. Our high school focuses on college preparation, with Accelerated and AP classes offered in many subjects. Students have community-service requirements and are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities including music, drama, CIF athletics and more. And in our increasingly high-tech world, Victory Christian Academy stands alone in offering students the opportunity to participate in a unique, student-led IT consulting business called ServiTech. Here, students learn entrepreneurialism and work ethic, earning class credits while learning and providing cutting-edge IT services to real-world clients ranging from other schools to a Fortune 500 company.
A small investment in a bright future, Victory’s tuition is less than half of the average private-school tuition in California, and financial aid is available. We strive to never allow cost to prevent a student from joining us. We also provide individual assistance in applications for colleges and financial aid. For the class of 2016, graduates averaged more than $10,000/year in grants and scholarships from their colleges of choice. More than 80% were over $11,000/year and 33% were over $30,000/year.
What We Strive For
Victory Christian High School, through a quality staff, program, and partnership with parents and community, endeavors to:
- providing an opportunity to experience life within a faith community.
- providing an opportunity for participation in and leadership of weekly chapel services.
- providing an opportunity for peer ministry.
- providing a curriculum which includes religious studies and Lutheran doctrine.
- creating a positive school community to motivate learning, stimulate curiosity, and allow initiative, and creativity.
- providing instruction based on student needs to motivate and facilitate learning.
- providing for the development of skills in problem solving, reasoning, and critical thinking.
- providing for creative expression and aesthetic appreciation.
- providing for the development of research, reference, and communication skills.
- encouraging and recognizing personal gifts.
- encouraging realistic goal-setting and intelligent decision making.
- providing opportunities for involvement in school leadership.
- promoting participation in co-curricular, extra-curricular, and community activities.
- focusing on Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- encouraging expression of personal faith through worship, witness, and service.
- encouraging the application of God’s Word and participation in the Sacraments.
- enhancing self-worth through the knowledge that we are created in God’s image and redeemed by Jesus Christ.
- promoting Christian citizenship as reflected in active community participation and service.
- providing a community that exemplifies the Christ-centered life.
- encouraging the respect of individual differences.
Victory Christian Academy is part of an association of Lutheran congregations in San Diego County whose purpose is to promote Christian educational services in & through the churches in the region & whose specific focus has been directed toward youth through the Ministry of Victory. This includes the following ministries: The Following Churches are members of the Association: All Saints’, Ascension, Atonement, Bethany, Calvary, Celebration of Faith, *Christ Lutheran, Christ the King, Concordia, *Faith, First Lutheran, Good Shepherd, Grace, Holy Cross, Immanuel, Morning Star, Mount Olive, Our Redeemer, Our Savior’s, Peace Lutheran, Prince of Peace, *Ramona Lutheran, St.Andrew’s, St. James, *St. Paul’s, Trinity, *Victory, *Zion,
*Denotes churches with Lutheran Elementary Schools
What Sets Victory Apart?
Academic Excellence – SAT scores 16% above state average, 17% above national average, strong college placements.
Class of '16 SAT Averages
Affordability – Tuition 45% lower than the state average for private schools, with financial aid available.
Avg. Tuition in CA
- State Average
- State Average
Individualized Instruction – 12:1 student/teacher ratio, average class size of 10.4 students, no Common Core.
Avg. Class Sizes in CA Public Schools
- State Avg.
- State Avg.
Unique Opportunities – State-of- the-art technology, music and business programs available to all students.